The course covers topics such as understanding the modes of transmission that expose an individual to diseases, how to protect yourself from exposure to these pathogens, medical evaluation and treatment that is necessary when exposed to bloodborne pathogens and finally, understanding the legal aspects that come with it.
We will also discuss how to choose and properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety measures that can be used to help create a safe environment for yourself and those around you. In addition, this course will cover topics such as emergency and post-exposure procedures, basic laboratory safety, and how to safely clean and dispose of items contaminated with blood.
During this course, you will receive the certification you need to work in an environment where you may come in contact with human blood, making sure you are compliant with OSHA standards. This course is essential for anyone who works in a job where they may be exposed to human blood or body fluids and needing to be able to protect themselves and others from the risks associated with them
What Will You Learn?
- 1) Identify the sources of bloodborne pathogens.
- 2) Understand the risks involved when caring for people where you may come into contact with blood.
- 3) Learn how to clean up blood and blood-containing fluids appropriately.
- 4) Understand the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE) for preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
- 5) Explain how blood borne pathogens are transmitted.
- 6) Learn how to avoid exposure to bloodborne pathogens from use of sharps.
- 7) Learn how to respond if exposure does occur.
- 8) Create a core sense of responsibility among participants to prevent future incidence of exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Basics of BBP’s
What are bloodborne pathogens?
Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace
What does it mean to protect yourself?
Identifying Biohazard Symbols
Exposure to Mucous Membranes
Proper Glove Removal
Know What To Do
Bloodborne Pathogens in Developing Countries
Bloodborne Pathogens 101 Quiz