In this course, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of babies. You will learn about the various cautions and contraindications associated with infant massage and how to effectively navigate these.
You will also be taught the importance of bonding and attention by massaging the baby. Furthermore, the course will cover the numerous benefits of massage therapy for infants and children of all ages, from helping neurological development to improving sensory processing skills.
You will learn special techniques that are uniquely adapted for babies, and how to best use pressure and timing for optimal massage techniques. You will gain skills to make sure baby safety measures and parental consent procedures are followed to the letter. In addition, you will understand how to utilize key touch techniques, and how to combine massage with play and other sensory activities.
Finally, you will develop your own personal teaching style, which suits your unique instructional style and believes to best communicate to babies and their parents. By the end you will be certified and fully prepared to help babies learn, grow and develop through the power of massage.
What Will You Learn?
- In this course, you will be taught the important aspects of the baby's anatomy and physiology and any cautions to massage. Baby massage is about the importance of touch and how bonding and attention with the baby is so vital. You therefore do not need previous massage experience to be a great baby massage instructor.
- Teaching parents and caregivers can:
- -Help them become more confident in handling their child and better at recognising their needs.
- -Improved positive interaction with their baby.
- -A great way for partners, family members and caregivers to bond with baby.
- -Improved sleep, digestion and overall health for their baby.